Sunday, July 27, 2008

lots to start

Ive been riding a lot lately. Yesterday the track attack folks teamed up wtih a skate shop to throw an event called skatebike. Me and a friend Erik went down to check out the scene and see if we could have some fun. Being which we did. A lot of really solid riders who know their town and their bikes.
We only stayed for the race as Erik was pretty down, having wrecked into a parked car last night he wasnt doing too well. We both tied for second/third to last. Along with a lot of people I started out the race at the 50 broadway checkpoint, i thought I was way behind but I was the first to show up at the stop. There was a girl who I had been riding along and we both kept going up and down the block looking for the shop before finding it. Once I left the shop I was completely turned around and almost started heading the complete opposite way of the next stops. Going up broadway against traffic while trying to find a street you dont know in a city you dont know.. just sucks. I eventually ended up finding speer. But by the time I got to the other stops they guys were sick of waiting. Not to mention me and Erik met up, along to the next stop and the dude was mega dehydrated and his face was throbbing from the previous night. Anyway I hope that dude gets better, hes a good person to ride with.
I had so much fun that Im going to head back down to Denver to ride an alley cat that the cycle jerk kids are throwing along side a monster tack 8 movie premier.
To close off with some lessons. Dont try to be a badass, messengers are crazy anyway even just to work that job and they ride their bikes to eat, dont run lights and traffic like a maniac when you dont need to, just stupid. Second be careful with your genital while crashing, they can bruise and be gnar enough to take you out of riding. But if all you have is genitals that are hurting, enjoy your survival.
Anyway Ill post some pictures of the week later.

1 comment:

Broox Pulford said...

Check out some photo's of skate bike at xrocksthespot.com.